Thursday, January 29, 2009

Queen Street West -Trinity Bellwoods Gates 1917-2009



An landmark on Queen Street West. "Meet me at the gates of Trinity Bellwoods"!

When this winter image was shot in 1917, the gates were actually leading to the Trinity College, who later got annexed to another Toronto University.

Torontonians where strongly against the demolition of the old gotic College... so the city placed the Kiwanis in it. Couple years later, they left too, leaving the college structure in a real bad state. It got razed in the 1950's.

We still have the gates to remember though. But they got painted cream... for some reasons I would prefer to see them dirty and unpainted. But that's just me.

1 comment:

  1. From whatI can see, I agree about the fence looking better unpainted. Do you have a picture on the original school? (Although I am afraid to see it, I may have an emotional breakdown over its loss!!)

    ReplyDelete